When it comes to keeping our skin in glorious condition, it’s a known fact that keeping a daily skincare routine is of the upmost importance. After all, aside from living a healthy lifestyle, the ticket to younger looking skin is some TLC.
While a daily routine for many consists of a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer, there’s one key area that often gets overlooked. Wondering what that is? It’s exfoliation.
Perhaps you’re reading this and sighing because you’ve heard this all before and just don’t get why you have to. But, trust us, adding an extra step to your perfectly planned routine will be totally worth it.
Every single cell in your body is working hard every day to give you the life functions you need to survive. To make sure that they can continue doing so, cells regenerate every month, give or take. To make room for the new cells, the old ones are shed from the body. Yep, this means through your skin. The result of this shedding can sometimes lead to the not-so-fortunate circumstances of dry skin, flaky skin, and/or clogged pores. This happens when dead cells aren’t completely removed.
So, what can you do to help you skin out?
Exfoliation. The process of exfoliating your skin helps to get rid of all the extra cellular junk that your body doesn’t need and that your skin certainly doesn’t want. Using an exfoliant gently cleanses the pores, digging up any excess stuff, and leaves you with a clean, fresh palette in the process.
The benefits of doing this are immense. Here’s just a handful:
1. Exfoliating the skin leaves it with a smoother appearance and softer to the touch. This is due to getting rid of all the dead cells and removing that unwanted flakiness.
2. Using an exfoliant can help kickstart collagen production. Can you say hello glow, goodbye appearance of wrinkles?
3. One major cause of acne is clogged pores. If you’re tired of blackheads appearing because of dirt and other unwanted materials, exfoliating is a simple way to win the battle.
Now that you’re armed with all the benefits of exfoliation, let’s quickly cover the various types of products that can handle the job.
• Cleansing brushes - either mechanical or manual. They’re great to use with a cleanser and scrub away. This is a great one for anyone who wants to save some time.
• Sugar-based scrubs- An all-natural way to exfoliate. Sugar scrubs are gentle on the skin and will soften it without any harsh additives.
• Facial Peels - These are usually acid-based and work to remove a layer (or layers) of dead skin from your body. A little more advanced and not recommended for beginner exfoliators.
Our personal favorite off this list is sugar-based scrubs. They’re the perfect exfoliant for any skill level. Whether you’re reading this article and just learning all the fun facts about skin exfoliating or if you’re an expert and wondering what 411 you may be missing, sugar scrubs are a safe bet to use.
Luckily, there’s a new sugar scrub on the block that gives all the benefits of a traditional one but also is infused with CBD. That product is Fine Healing Goods Soothing Body Scrub. It contains 50 mg of full-spectrum hemp extract, essential oils, and pure grain sugar. There isn’t a single ingredient that isn’t earth-friendly, which also means it is perfect for those of you with sensitive skin.
Wondering about the benefits of adding full-spectrum CBD hemp extract? Allow us to explain. CBD Hemp Extract comes from the cannabis plant. You may be wondering: “does this mean my skincare routine will get me high?” Let us reassure you, it will not. Though it’s sourced from the same plant as marijuana, CBD isn’t intoxicating. But, it does contain myriad benefits for your skin. For instance, it has been shown to alleviate redness and reduce inflammation. So that means you can kiss the occasional blemish or breakout goodbye.
Infusing a sugar scrub with full-spectrum CBD is a sure-fire way to get the best skin of your life. If you’re interested in keeping your skin looking fresh this summer and removing dry skin that makes its inevitable appearance after a beach day, then we highly suggest trying out a scrub. After all, who doesn’t want to reach #skingoals?